Wheal Jane Consultancy are looking for a Geo-environmental Engineer with 1-3 years’ experience.
The successful candidate will have experience in writing Phase 1 Preliminary Risk Assessments to a high standard, with in depth knowledge of both BS10175 and CLR11. The candidate will have experience in conducting Phase II Ground Investigations from both an environmental and geo-technical perspective. Knowledge of Cornwall’s mining heritage and/or experience writing/reviewing archival mine searches is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a small team based from our Truro office, with roughly 50% of time spent on site. Working from home is encouraged due to COVID-19 pandemic, however the candidate will be required to work in our COVID-secure workplace for at least the first month of employment.
- Degree in Geology related subject
- 1-3 years experience
- Competent in writing Phase 1 Preliminary Risk Assessments (PH1s)
- MSc in relevant subject
- Knowledge of/ability to write archival mine searches
- In-depth understanding of mineralogy with a view to undertaking mundic analysis
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Annual and departmental bonus scheme
- Generous pension contribution